The Luxury Tax

An often known word and yet another tax implied or rather levied to take away the peanuts we earn called salary, however we know it as that part of the movie ticket which is almost actual to the ticket price charged by the theater and this one levied on to us by the ruling party, however again as I have always learnt and especially with my current employer to look at things differently, just change the focus and see it differently, its actually something you pay for enjoying and we all know to get some you loose some, you gonna go and meet a friend, you gotta travel, burn fuel, get tired, thats also spending, so can be accounted for as luxury tax, this however does not come into my head as a part of any meeting or schedules but as a refined word to our good old Indian Jugaad

My room air conditioner which is installed in a very enclosed space often gives problems owing to the place it is installed in and probably also due to its not so good quality, so day before yesterday 11-Sept-2012 there was tremendous loss of cooling and a lot of ice on the front condenser depicting loss of gas and obviously performance, alarmed by the situation the very next day I logged a call to its manufacturer and also called the relevant engineer as well, who in turn came up and said what I feared..... ahem gas blockage and leakage and needs to go for a fix up which would require a time for five days, yikes this freaking humid weather and five days without an air conditioner and I am screwed, whoo no man no ways am I gonna take that, so something needed to be done and I pursuaded the engineer for an early fixup who in turn agreed for 4 days, still that doesnt solve the purpose, with humidity going 95%+ and no air conditioning I am dead.

So confused and in efforts to find solutions decided to speak to the tech lead of the company on core grounds and see what can be done and ended up calling him at 2100 hours and spoke to him, and probably that was the best time to speak, he spoke and somehow I was able to convince him to agree to my line of thought that he can charge me some hefty luxury tax but repair my air-conditioner in hours and not days, and somehow and to my good luck he agreed for a luxury tax of 800 bucks for he earned 100 bucks on an unit and my unit was getting him 8 times more of his usual, the very next morning the gentleman with his complete team and a van full of equipment turned up at my doorstep and as promised fixed the unit in about 4 hours instead of the scheduled 4 days time for he was getting his luxury tax, the poor neighbour who had a similar problem with his same unit could not convince him to fix his unit and was told by the lead engineer to wait till next week for rectification of the same.

I know this is wrong but also right for my work was done and done only by the authorized people and through the authorized channel but in a different manner, however to get some you loose some and thats exactly what has happened here........

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Navy Call List - Military Phonetic Alphabet

Male Machoism??? Crazy Crap

WTF - Yes you guessed it just right