I do not help my wife.......

I do not help my wife.......

A friend came to my house for coffee. We sat & talked about life. At some point in the conversation, I said, "I'm going to wash the dishes & will be right back." He looked at me as if I had told him I was going to build a space rocket. Then he said to me with admiration, but seemed a little perplexed: "I'm glad you 'help' your wife. I do not 'help' because when I do, my wife does not praise me. Last week I washed the floor & there were no thanks." I went back to sit with him & explained that I did not "help" my wife. Actually, my wife did not need 'help'; she needed a partner. I am a partner at home & through that 'society', the functions are divided, but it is not a "help", like household chores.
* I do not 'help' my wife clean the house, because I live here too & I need to clean it too.
* I do not 'help' my wife to cook, because I also want to eat & I need to cook too.
* I do not 'help' my wife wash the dishes after eating, because I also use those dishes.
* I do not 'help' my wife with the children, because they are also my children & my job is to be a father.
* I do not 'help' my wife to wash, spread or fold clothes, because the clothes are also mine & so are my children's.
* I am not a 'help' at home; I am part of the house. And as for praising, I asked my friend when was it the last time, after his wife finished cleaning the house, washing clothes, changing bed sheets, bathing the children, cooking, organizing, etc. did he not just say, "Thank you"....but a thank you of the type: "Wow, sweetheart!! You are fantastic!!!"
Does that seem absurd to you?
Are you looking strange?
When you, once in a lifetime, cleaned the floor, you expected the least - a prize of excellence with great glory. Why? You never thought about that, my friend? Maybe, because for you, the macho culture had shown that everything is 'her' job.
Perhaps you have been taught, that all this must be done without you having to move a finger? Then praise her as 'you' wanted to be praised, in the same way & with the same intensity. Give her a hand, behave like a true companion, not as a guest who only comes to eat, sleep, bathe & satisfy needs....& feels at home....in his house....
The real change of our society begins in our homes.
Let us teach our sons & daughters the real sense of fellowship!"


Think about it...
Cheers...
:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Navy Call List - Military Phonetic Alphabet

Male Machoism??? Crazy Crap

8 Indian spices that prevent cancer