Run your own race....



Run your own race....

I was jogging this morning & I noticed a person about half a km ahead. I could guess he was running a little slower than me & I felt good. I said to myself, I will try catch up with him. I had about a km before I needed to turn off. So I started running faster & faster. Every block, I was gaining on him just a little bit. After just a few minutes, I was only about 300 feet behind him, so I really picked up the pace & pushed myself. You would have thought I was running in the last leg of an Olympic competition. I was determined to catch up with him. Finally, I did it! I caught up & passed him. Inwardly I felt very good. "I beat him". Of course, he didn't even know we were racing. After I passed him, I realized I had been so focused on competing against him, that I had missed my turn to my house. I had gone nearly six blocks past my turn & I had to turn & go back. It then dawned on me, isn't that what happens to & with us, in life:
* We focus on competing with co-workers, neighbours, friends, family, trying to outdo them or trying to prove that we are more successful or more important & in the bargain we miss on our happiness within our own surroundings?
* We spend our time & energy running after them & we miss out on our own paths to our given destination. The problem with unhealthy competition is that it's a never ending cycle.
* There will always be somebody ahead of you, someone with a better job, nicer car, more money in the bank, more education, a prettier wife, a more handsome husband, better behaved children, better circumstances & better conditions etc. but one important realisation is that...
* You can be the best that you can be, when you are not competing with anyone.'
* Some people are insecure because they pay too much attention to what others are, where others are going, wearing & driving.
* Take whatever you have, your height, weight & personality; dress well & wear it proudly. You are blessed.
* Stay focused & live a healthy life.
* There is no competition in destiny.
* Each has his own!


It was Theodore Roosevelt who once said - "Comparison is the thief of joy."

Think about it...
Cheers...:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Navy Call List - Military Phonetic Alphabet

Male Machoism??? Crazy Crap

WTF - Yes you guessed it just right